No. 948 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 08 August 2017
- GATHERING OF DIOCESAN CLERICS
- Date, time and venue: 07 August 2017, 5:30pm onwards; Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Compound, Surallah, South Cotabato.
- Purpose: to honor St. Jean – Baptiste Marie Vianney. Curé of Ars, France; patron of priests both diocesan and religious; Feast day – 04 August.
- Participants: 30 (27 priests, 2 deacons, 1 bishop)
- Activities: communal evening praise, agape, shared joy.
- Evening praise was in the air-conditioned, beautiful, comfortable, new adoration chapel, conducive to praying.
- Agape and shared joy in the open multi-purpose building.
- Food and drink: abundant, delicious, nutritious.
- Hosts: Our Lady of Lourdes Parish under Fr. Angelo Buenavides, parish priest and Fr. Dennis Gamo, vicar. Generous parishioners. Happy clerics! Thank you!
- THE DIOCESAN GATHERING OF PARISH COMMUNITIES
- DATE, TIME AND VENUE: 05 August 2017, 7:00am – 4:00pm; South Cotabato Gymnasium and Cultural Center, City of Koronadal.
- Theme: “Parish Communities: Agents of Communion, Participation and Mission.”
- To increase understanding and appreciation of communion, participation and mission;
- To strengthen unity among parish communities.
- Main activities:
- Talk, open forum on theme by Fr. Amado Picardal, CSsR, STD, Executive Secretary, CBCP Committee on BECs;
- Video presentation;
- Talk, open forum by Fr. Joel Aliligay, Diocesan Director, Christian Formation Center;
- Mass, homily by Bishop Dinualdo D. Gutierrez, D.D., S.T.D.
Talk“Parish: Communion of Communities, Participation in Mission.”
- Meaning of parish
- “a specific community of the Christian faithful established, in a particular church (diocese) whose pastoral care, under the authority of the bishop, is entrusted to a priest-pastor who is its proper shepherd” (Canon 515).
- According to PCP II, 600-601:
“A parish should be a dynamic Eucharistic and evangelizing community of communities. A center that energizes movements, Basic Ecclesial Communities and other apostolic groups and in turn nourished by them.”
- Pope Francis
“It is a community of communities…center of missionary outreach. Environment of living communion and participation, and to make them completely mission-oriented.” (EG 28).
- Communion – Koinonia. Elements:
- Union, unity. Community. Friendship. Sharing. Participation. Partnership.
- Participation in Mission
“The ecclesiology of communion is linked with participation and mission. Participation largely means enabling the laity to participate more fully in the life of the Church and in its task of mission.” (PCP II 98-99).
- Participation is linked to mission – especially the three-fold prophetic, priestly and kingly mission.
- Prophetic Mission – denouncing evil in all its manifestation and announcing the Good News of salvation (from sin), liberation (from every evil oppressive to human beings), justice and peace.
- Participation in priestly mission
- Full and active participation in liturgical sacramental celebrations.
- Participation in Kingly/Social Mission
- Participation in programs and activities to address integral human development, poverty; corruption; justice, peace and integrity of creation, etc. Goal: make God’s Kingdom a reality in this world.
Talk – Conversation on “Mission and CRSP” by Fr. Joel Aliligay; Randy and Tess Baldelovar (Brgy. Sta. Cruz, Koronadal, 3 children); Harry and HersilCalixton (Tantangan, South Cotabato, 3 children).
CBCP mentions three root causes of illegal drug trafficking and criminality, namely: poverty, corruption and dysfunctional family.
Diocese of Marbel’s response, based on Pope Francis’ “Amoris Laetitia” is the Comprehensive, Relevant and Systematic Program on Marriage Preparation and Pastoral Accompaniment of the Newly Weds and Christian Families from Womb to Tomb and Beyond.
Fr. Joel explained the doctrine of shepherding families and the two invited families shared their experiences of joy in a loving family.
Bishop’s homily: Leviticus 25: 8-17 (parallel Deut. 15: 1ff) Mt. 14: 1-12.
Jubilee Year (50th Year). Benefits: rest of land; release of slaves; remission of debts; return of land to original owner (Land can’t be sold in perpetuity; what is sold is the fruits. God owns land). Fidelity in marriage, adultery immoral. Prophets must denounce evil. St. John Baptist did so. He was beheaded.
Registered delegates: 6, 903
AVA – 1285
Norala – 398. Banga 369. Surallah – 288. Lake Sebu – 116. Sto. Niño – 90. T’boli – 24.
KVA – 1895
Marbel – 713. Polomolok – 332. SagradaFamilia – 272. Tupi – 256. Good Shepherd – 226. Tampakan – 55. Tantangan – 47.
MEDA – 2648
Calumpang – 945. Dadiangas – 830. Lagao – 308. Fatima – 265. Sty. Michael – 200. Bula – 150.
GAMMA – 634
Malapatan – 170. Alabel – 160. Glan – 150. Malungon – 100. Malandag – 54.
MAKIMAMI – 213.
Kiamba – 81. Maasim – 80. Maitum – 39. Milbuk – 13.
OLPHS – 10. IPs – 14. Deacons – 2. Priests – 31. Staff – 4. Medic – 3. No Groups – 114.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!
Back to: 2017 Communications from the Bishop