No. 920 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 20 March 2017
- JOINT RECOLLECTION, CLERGY
Date and venue: 14 March 2017, Parish Formation Center, Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Polomolok, South Cotabato.
Attendance: 62. 1PNP Regional Chaplain, 1OFMCap., 1OP, 13 CP and 46 diocesan.
Fr. Joel Aliligay, Director, Diocesan Christian Formation Center. Precis
“The Eucharist Strengthens Communion”
Based on the CBCP’s 2017 theme “Parish: A Communion of Communities.”
From Acts of the Apostles 2: 42 and 4: 32-35. We can discern four interrelateddimensions of communion.
- Communion of mind and heart(solidarity)
- Communion of word and faith (unity of faith)
- Communion of the table (Eucharist)
- Communion of goods (corporal and spiritual works of mercy)
Eucharist: basis of communion, strengthens communion.
Pope St. John Paul II writes in his Encyclical Letter
“Ecclesia De Eucharistia”
- “The Church draws her life from the Eucharist” (n. 1)
- “The Church draws her life from Christ in the Eucharist; by him she is fed and by him she is enlightened.” (n. 6)
- “The Eucharistcreates communion and fosters communion” (n. 40).
- “Through her communion with the body of Christ the Church comes to be ever more profoundly ‘in Christ in the nature of a sacrament, that is, a sign and instrument of intimate unity with God and of the unity of the whole human race’” (n. 24; II, “Lumen Gentium”, 1)
Communion leads to mission.
Pope Benedict XVI in his Apostolic Exhortation
- “The Eucharist and mission” (n. 84)
- “The love that we celebrate in the sacrament is not something we can keep to ourselves but by its very nature it demands tobe shared with all… The Eucharist is thus the source and summit not only of the Church’s life, but also of her mission: ‘An authentically Eucharistic Church is a missionary Church’” (“Proposito 42”, Synod of Bishops).
Fr. Joel Aliligay: “The strength in our communion graced by the Eucharist, henceforth, manifests a MOVEMENT FROM INSIDE OUT. From belief to moral acts. From prayer to praxis. From self-preservation to community preservation. From human loving to divine loving perfected in Charity and social justice. From communion to mission. Communion and Mission are interconnected. (cfr. Pope St. John Paul II, ChristifidelesLaici, n. 32).
Challenge hurled by Fr. Joel Aliligay.
Be committed to the Diocesan Pastoral Accompaniment of Illegal Drugs Users and Pushers (PAID-UP) Formation program from here to hereafter (a continuing formation programs until Christ is formed in them and afterwords union with God in the next life.
Thank you Fr. Joel. You have inspired us!