No. 919 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 13 March 2017
- UPDATES, DIOCESAN SOCIAL ACTION
Fr. Ariel Destora, Director, Diocesan Social Action Center, sent this report.
2.1. IP Communities profiling
Objectives: data gathering; understanding dynamics of communities; setting proper course of action to take based on peoples’ felt needs.
Time frame: Feb. 1-5, 2017 for Bong-Mal Territory (14 communities); Feb. 12-16, 2017 for Brgys. Danlag and Pula-Bato.
Persons responsible (enumerators). For Bong Mal – 4 (3 Bla’ans and 1 T’boli); for Danlag and Pula Bato, 11 ( IPs and non- IPs).
Profiled households. Bong Mal – 106 out of 287 (36.92%); Danlag – 162; Pula Bato – 148.
Needs. For Bong-Mal: farm implements, corn and vegetable seeds, education (formal and non-formal),chapel, water system, farm to market roads, medicines. Bla’ans are afraid of military (Bong-Mal).
DSAC’s responses (Bong-Mal)
- Farm implements/tools and seeds distributed:
- 21 sprayers (12 stainless and 2 plastics) – 52,200
- 187 liters herbicides (being discouraged) 63,790
- 20 tools (various) 5,780
- 115 packs seeds (various) and 15 kilos peanuts 7,570
2.2. Legal Assistance, Prison Ministry, Area Visits
- Four cases assisted
- BJMP – Alabel; 7 inmates counseled
- Sarangani Provincial Jail, Baluntay, Alabel Forty-eight (48) interviewed and counseled.
- Tampakan PNP station and MSWDO visits. Followed up cases of 19 (13 adults and 6 minors) apprehended for illegal Banlas Mining in sitio Campo Kilat, Brgy. Pula-Bato by elements of the 27thIB, 16 Feb. 2017.
- Visited Batulaki, Glan (legal matters); Brgy. Panamin, Malungon (Tagakaulo’s concerns); SOCSKSARGEN Hospital (detention of 9 patients for non-payment); Kiamba, Milbuk and St. Michael Archangel parishes for orientation on Catholic Social Teachings; etc.
2.3. Thanks for the continued support of all the parishes and the Notre Dame of Marbel University.