No. 918 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 03 March 2017
- PAID-UP (PASTORAL ACCOMPANIMENT OF ILLEGAL DRUGS USERS
PAID-UP is a Christian formation program of the Diocese of Marbel for the surrendered users and pushers of illegal drugs.
PAID-UP is a collaborative efforts of the Diocese of Marbel with the:
- Philippine National Police (PNP) Region XII (R12) for Security of the surrenderers;
- Local Government Units (LGUs) and business sector for funding;
- Professionals for medical and psychological interventions.
The Diocese of Marbel takes care of the spiritual and moral formation of the surrenderers.
At the end of the Christian formation program, the illegal drugs users and pushers who surrendered are expected tobe CHRISTIFIED PERSONS WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE, RESPONSIVE AND DISCIPLINED CITIZENS OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES COMMITTED TO THE PROMOTION OF THE COMMON GOOD, ESPECIALLY OF THE POOR.
Explanation of terms
- Christified: one who thinks, wills and acts like Christ.
- Persons: Persons, created after the image and likeness of God, redeemed by Christ and destined to be with God, our Father, have innate dignity, rights and duties.
- Responsible: The ability to respond through adequate knowledge, relevant skills and motivation to promote the common good with option for the poor.
- Responsive: Active, participative, concerned.
- Disciplined: Self-discipline (Interior power), observes/obeys legal orders.
To achieve the desired vision or end-goal, three strategies are used: study, pray, act (SPA)
- Study : Catechism of the Catholic Church, Bible, papal teachings and needed human sciences.
- Pray : liturgical celebrations, devotions.
- Act : Ten Commandments, Spiritual and corporal works of mercy. Philippine Constitution, Civil Code, etc.
- Entry point. Personal Renewal Experience (PREX). Weekend retreat following the Parish Renewal Experience (PREX) program or the Samaria-Cursillo Weekend retreat-seminar. For self-knowledge and introduction to Jesus, the Good Shepherd, loving and merciful.
- Way forward or follow-ups
- Daily prayers: morning (to thank God) and evening (for a peaceful sleep); before and after meals (blessing and thanksgiving, respectively); rosary (for intimacy with Jesus and Mary, Mother of the Poor).
- Weekly activities.
Participation in: Sunday Masses/bible serviceswith communion; KRISKA (Kristohanong Kasilinganan). Session – Bible reading, reflection, response (what to do after the session inresponse to God’s work; evaluation next session); PREX prayer meeting (Thursday in Marbel).
- Monthly gathering for recollection, consultation, bonding (socialization to promote communion).
- Seasonal activities.
Advent and Lenten retreats; celebration of Holy Week, Paskong Pamilya, GKK/Parish Patronal fiestas, others.
- Family Counseling – c/o Couples for Christ
- Family Enrichment encounters: Marriage Encounter Weekend Seminar (MEWS), Sons and Daughters Encounter (SADE), Family Encounter (FE), encountered parents with encountered children.
- Persons/Organizations Directly Involved:
PNP R12; LGUs: South Cotabato Province, General Santos City, Sarangani Province; Diocese of Marbel covers the above plus the municipalities of Lutayan and Palimbang in Sultan Kudarat Province.
- Time Frame
PAID-UP covers the LIFE period here (Earth) and hereafter (heaven, hopefully) since the goal of every human being is perfect happiness, found only in union with God and the company of angels and saints.
- PAI-UP UPDATES
- St. Anthony/Cathedral Parish.
Date and venue: 26 February 2017, 8am – 3pm
Theme: “Plano sang Dios: Kaluwasan sang Katawhan.”
- 3rd Batch – PAID-UP
Date and venue: February 24, 2017. San Isidro Parish, Alabel, Sarangani Province.
Participants: 38 (including 1 Jehovah Witness and 1 Born-again).
Reported by Fr. Dennis Gamo, Parochial Vicar
Congratulations to Fr. Leonardo Rano, Parish Priest, Mayor Salarda of Alabel and the PREX Family of Alabel.
Back to: 2017 Communications from the Bishop