No. 905 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 05 December 2016
- MARBEL ASSOCIATION OF RELIGIOUS AND CLERGY (MARC) MEETS
Date and venue: 30 November 2016, Jesus the Good Shepherd Parish, Cannery, Polomolok, South Cotabato.
Theme: “MARC as Communion of Communities”
Theme is in line with the CBCP’s 5th Priority in the 9-Year journey to the Jubilee Year of 2021: “The Parish as Communion of Communities.”
Aims: to strengthen communion through shared progress, fun games, meals and gifts; to elect officers.
Fr. Dennis Gamo was main celebrant; Fr. Carlo Glen de la Cruz, homilist.
Bishop Dinualdo gave some reminders:
- Act of Consecration to the Immaculate heart of Mary to be recited during the masses on 8 December. Copies of the shortened prayer made by Pope St. John Paul II were being distributed.
- Strategic Plan for the 2017 CBCP’s theme “Parish as Communion of Communities” were distributed to all parishes. Parish action plans to be based on the Diocesan Strat Plan.
- Pastoral Accompaniment of Illegal Drug Users and Pushers (PAID-UP) program had started in the parishes of Marbel and Alabel. Please coordinate with Municipal/City Mayors and local PNP chiefs for the success of the program of spiritual and moral interventions of illegal drugs users and pushers.
- Continue our campaign against the proposed open-pit mining in Tampakan
- Prayers and vigilance needed in view of the worsening socio-economic and political situation in our country.
Number of participants: 118
- Religious sisters – 55 (Augustinian Recollect, Dominican of Siena, Disciples of St. Therese, Oblates of Notre Dame, Passionists, Missionary Sisters of the Society of Mary, St. Paul de Chartres).
- Priests – 44 (diocesan, Passionist, Dominican)
- Brothers – 19 (Marist, Dominican).
President : Sr. Iosefina, SMSM
- President : Fr. Romeo Subaldo
Secretary : Sr. Jenen Ampoyas, OP
Treasurer : Fr. Mario Eudela
- PAID-UP ALABEL
Personal Renewal Experience (PREX) was conducted in Alabel, Sarangani for 15 drug users surendeerers and one PNP personnel last November 25-27, 2016.
“It was successful because of the unwavering supports of the parish priest, Fr. Leonardo Rano and the PREX family. It was sponsored by the LGU-Alabel headed by Municipal Mayor Vic Paul Salarda and PNP Chief of Alabel PSI Benjie Ancheta.”
“PNP Chaplain for Region XII, Fr. Lt. Col. Jaime Seriña III attended the graduation ceremonies. After the graduation, Mayor Salarda through PSI (Police Senior Inspector, captain, Bp.) Ancheta gave cash gift and promised livelihood projects to those who availed of the PREX seminar. Chair couple – Jun and Neng Matugba.” (By F. Dennis Gamo)
- PAID-UP MARBEL
The 2nd batch of PREX seminar for surrenderers was conducted on 25-27 November 2016 at Christ the King Spiritual Center, OLPH Seminary Compound, Koronadal City.
There were 25 participants. Morales – 6. Caloocan – 4. El Gawel – 4. Mabini – 4. Bo. 5 – 2. Damsite – 2. Ilang-ilang – 2. Rotonda – 1. (Fr. Joel Aliligay)
- PAID-UP MARBEL
Sustaining activity: recollection. Eight of the 23 PREX-PAID-UP, Batch 1 graduates attended a one day recollection last 27 November 2016 at the Diocesan Formation and Development Center (DFDC), Cathedral Compound, Koronadal City. Fr. Joel facilitated it.
- PAID-UP MARBEL
Three graduates of PREX Batch 1, PAID-UP, “attended the 25th PREX Mindanao-Wide FAMILY DAY in Digos City, Davao del Sur, last November 27, 2016”. There were 1, 100 participants.
“We introduced our Drug surrenderees program to core presidents during the luncheon meeting”. It was well accepted.
“After the meeting we were requested to present it (that is, PAID-UP program, Bp) to the whole assembly”. The three gave testimonies. They were very convincing!
“Next year’s PREX Mindanao Wide Family Day will be hosted by Marbel. (Bro. Ruben Tano & ro. Jong Bagares)
Mary was conceived without sin by St. Anne.
Pius IX defined this dogma f Immaculate Conception on 8 December 1854 in his Apostolic Constitution “Ineffabilis Deus”.
“We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the Most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instant of her Conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God in view of the Merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sun, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore t be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful” (D.S. 2803, The New Dictionary of Theology, p. 508).
Back to: 2016 COMMUNICATIONS from the Bishop