No. 882 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 14 June 2016
- MID-YEAR GATHERING, DIOCESAN CLERGY
Dates and venue: 6-8 June 2016. Divine Mercy Retreat Center, Lamdalag, Lake Sebu, South Cotabato.
Participants: 53 (49 priests, 3 deacons, bishop)
- Strengthen unity through shared experiences, prayers and activities (meals and socials)
- Finalize appointments of diocesan priests.
- Enrich understanding of priestly ministry.
1. Sharers of priestly experiences
a. Francisco Bajos
- more realizations as he grows in years of priestly ministry.
- grateful for the gift of vocation.
- Enjoyed his early years as a priest when priests were few and bonding was closer.
- Hopes barriers among priests are removed.
- His experiences as missionary in St. Lucia, Archdiocese of Castries, Caribbean made him realize the importance of the Eucharist and the other sacraments.
- Priests are ordained for others; not for selves.
- Help brother priests to improve; not to destroy.
b. Rafael Cabrido
- Grateful to priests who were his formators, especially the bishop, also for the gift of vocation.
- The realities he experienced as a priest helped him become a better person.
- Citing 1st Peter he reminded priests to avoid carnal desires and to drink fresh milk. He also cited Solomon who asked for wisdom, not wealth nor money.
- He asked the Lord not to let him live in poverty (in constant need?)
c. Bobbly Parreño
- Happy as a priest these past 27 years.
- Mentioned seminary and priestly experiences.
- His experiences in his various assignments made him value the virtue of respect, sense of brotherhood and the importance of our priestly vocation.
d. Rolando Japitana
- Grateful for the gift of vocation.
- Happy in his priestly ministry, inspite of human weaknesses.
- But inspite of these shortcomings he remains faithful to his calling.
- Through his experiences as a priests, he was able to develop his person.
(From Fr. Joemer “Toto” Candido)
- Bishop’s Time
- He presented the List of Appointments prepared by the clergy committee. After some discussion and clarification, the Bishop approved the recommendation.
- Some of the points he got from Pope Francis’ talk to the Italian bishops on priests today
- Love is everything.
- Simplicity of lifestyle and availability
- Responsible for others’ destiny
- Serves life and a man of peace and reconciliation
- Consigns himself to the Lord each morning.
- Intimacy with Jesus Christ safeguards him and keeps him apart from spiritual worldliness that corrupts.
- His ultimate reason for self-giving is God’s Kingdom.
- Bishop also shared the three roles of a priest: (1) servant; (2) shepherd; (3) steward.
- Meals and socials were moments of shared joy.
- Carlos Andalan, one of the more senior priests, a missionary to St. Lucia, Archdiocese of Castries, Caribbean, and a guest priest in Parañaque Diocese was the main celebrant and homilist. His sharing:
- Thankful for the gift of vocation.
- His experiences in the Caribbean where people were hungry for the Eucharist.
- Pointed out the good relationship of priests in Marbel where everyone gets involved, unlike in other dioceses.
(Fr. Toto’s text)
- SUMMER INTEGRAL FAITH FORMATION PROGRAM, YEAR 3.
Dates and venue: 16-26 May 2016. Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Lay Formation Center, Polomolok.
Attendance: 52. Surallah – 10. Polomolok – 6. Dadianags – 5. Fatima – 5. Lagao – 5. Sagrada Familia – 4. Cannery – 3. Glan – 2. Marbel – 2. Norala – 2. Tampakan – 2. T’boli – 2. Lake Sebu – 1. Maasim – 1. Malapatan – 1. Tupi – 1.
Topics and sharers:
- “Trinity, Mariology and the Cult of Saints. Their significance to the Witness of Faith and Life in the Christian Family”. Joel Aliligay, DCFC, Director.
- “Bible, Family and the Eucharist”, Bishop Renato Mayugba (Diocese of Laoag, Ilocos Norte).
- “Eucharist – Liturgy (Rites of Marriage)”, Fr. Romeo Buenaobra, V.G. and DLC Director.
- “Family Spirituality” (Prayers, recollection, get together), Mrs. Alice Valera.
- “Moral and Social Teachings of the Church as an Integral Part of Christian Family”, Fr. Joseph Benitez, Vicar for Clergy.
- 10 stages from conception to tomb
- Accompaniment in different situations (guidance)
- Family and Evangelization
- “Synod of Bishops’ XIV Ordinary General Assembly on Family” (Canonical Provisions). Reynaldo Mission, J.C.D., Judicial Vicar.
Bishop Dinualdo – presider and homilist. Fr. Rey Mission and Fr. Joel Aliligay – concelebrants.
Content and design – Very good. Training Methodologies and Materials – Very good. Accommodation and food – Very Good. (No. of respondents 40 of 52).
Fr. Joel Aliligay – Director
Ms. Trinidad J. Remollo – over-all head
Ms. Melinda Yañez – Head, Services Team (Polomolok Parish)
- MINDANAO CONFERENCE ON “AMORIS LAETITIA” (AL)
The Episcopal Conference on Family and Life, CBCP, Mindanao region, facilitated the regional conference on Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhortation “Amoris Laetitia” (The Joy of Love) on 1-2 June 2016, Pope John XXIII Pastoral Center, Surigao City.
Participants: 208 (200 lay, 6 priests, 2 bishops)
Marbel Diocese: Loreto “Nene” Morta – Diocesan F & LM Executive Committee President; Romelita Arguelles – Diocesan F & LM ExeCom Secretary; and Fr. Joel Aliliay – Diocesan Director, CFC.
- General – participants oriented in basic content of AL.
- Nature, purpose, process, methods, some pastoral considerations presented;
- Initial diocesan pastoral program of accompaniment of families designed.
Bishop Gilbert Garcera, Daet, Camarines Norte, Chair, ECFL – CBCP.
Pope Francis wrote AL on 19 May 2016 to help Christian families live their faith, starting from immediately after Marriage (womb) until death (tomb) and beyond.
Back to: 2016 COMMUNICATIONS from the Bishop