No. 881 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 9 June 2016
- PHILIPPINE INDEPENDENCE DAY (Wikipedia)
1 May 1898. American fleet under Admiral George Dewey defeated the Spanish fleet in Manila Bay.
12 June 1898. General Emilio Aguinaldo and Filipino revolutionary forces declared the independence of the Philippine Islands from the colonial rule of Spain. The Act was signed by 98 persons.
Spain and the United States of America did not recognize such Declaration.
December 10, 1898. Treaty of Paris. Spain ceded the Philippine Islands to the U.S. government.
1899 – 1902. War of resistance against U.S. rule, led by Aguinaldo. Tens of thousands of Filipinos and thousands of Americans died.
- Aguinaldo was captured; swore allegiance to the U.S.
4 July 1902. Peace Proclamation. Armed resistance, however, continued in Mindanao and Sulu with heavy casualties on both sides. Lasted until 1913.
Public education and sound legal system were created to prepare for eventual democratic government.
- First legislative assembly with bicameral legislature. Civil service under Philippine control was established.
Tydings-McDuffie Act. Philippine became a self-governing commonwealth. Manuel L. Quezon elected President of the new government, which was designed to prepare the country for independence after a 10-year transition period.
4 July 1946. The Philippine Islands became the independent Republic of the Philippines, in accordance with the terms of the Tydings-McDuffie Act.
- The official Philippine Independence Day was changed from July 4 to June 12.
- After 118 years have we become truly independent?
Let us study our present situation.Analyse. Reflect (from the point of view of Faith). Act, according to God’s will. SARA.
- DIRECTORY, DIOCESAN PRIESTS (effective 1 July 2016)
DIOCESAN CURIA, Koronadal City
Bishop – DINUALDO D. GUTIERREZ
Vicar General – Fr. Romeo Buenaobra
Chancellor – Fr. Ernesto Bendita
Judicial Vicar – Fr. Reynaldo Mission
Vicar for Clergy – Fr. Joseph Benitez
Finance Officer – Fr. JoemerCandido
SOUTH COTABATO TERRITORY
Territorial Episcopal Vicar – Fr. Romeo Catedral
A. ALLAH VALLEY VICARIATE
Vicar Forane – Fr. Angelo Buenavides
Norala – Fr. Rome Catedral – Parish Priest
– Fr. CristitoJoloro – Parish Vicar
Sto. Niño – Fr. Rene Dasilao – Parish Priest
– Fr. Robert Feguro – Parish Vicar
Lake Sebu – Fr. GretoBugas – Parish Priest
T’boli – Fr. Rey Joloro – Parish Priest
Surallah – Fr. Angelo Buenavides- Parish Priest
Banga – Fr. RuebnOcino – Parish Priest
– Fr. ReilPosas – Parish Vicar
B. KORONADAL VALLEY AREA
Vicar Forane – Fr. Ricky Legario
Marbel – Fr. Ernesto Bendita – Parish Vicar I
– Fr. Joel Aliligay – Parish Vicar II
– Fr. Jose Antonio Paez- Parish Vicar III
– Fr. Fred Paulo – Parish Vicar IV
Tantangan – Fr. Arturo Pancho – Parish Priest
Bo. 5, Marbel – Fr. RoniloHUesca – Parish Priest
Tampakan – Fr. JonatahnSarcon – Parish Priest
Tupi – Fr. Ricky Legario – Parish Priest
– Fr. Jimmy Faustino – Parish Vicar
Polomolok – Fr. Romeo Subaldo – Parish Priest
– Fr. Jesus Jordan – Parish Vicar I
– Fr. Joseph Benitez – Parish Vicar II
Cannery – Fr. Mario Eudela – Parish Priest
– Fr. NoePedrajas – Parish Vicar
SARANGANI –GENERAL SANTOS (SARGEN) TERRITORY
Territorial Episcopal Vicar – Fr. Rolando Japitana
C. METRO DADIANGAS AREA
Vicar Forane – Fr. Francisco Romano
Lagao – Fr. George Carin – Parish Priest
– Fr. Ricky Emboltorio – Parish Vicar I
– Fr. Raul Vale – Parish Vicar II
Bula – Fr. Bobby Parreño – Parish Priest
– Fr. JoemerCandido – Parish Vicar I
– Fr. Eugenio Porras, Jr. – Parish Vicar II
St. Michael – Fr. BonifacioAmpoyas – Parish Priest
– Fr. Rolando Japitana – Parish Vicar I
– Fr. Antonio Chua – Parish Vicar II
– Fr. Alexander Salas – Parish Vicar III
Fatima – Fr. Francisco Romano – Parish Priest
- FloroLitigio – Parish Vicar
D. GAMMA AREA
Vicar Forane – Fr. Francisco Bajos
Glan – Fr. Michelle Tacogue – Parish Priest
– Fr. JezreelCalopez – Parish Vicar I
– Fr. Fortunato Ferolino – Parish Vicar II
Alabel – Fr. Leonardo Rano – Parish Priest
Malapatan – Fr. Francisco Bajos- Parish Priest
Malandag- Fr. SinonAlcarde- Parish Priest
– Fr. ReygiePeñol- Parish Vicar
E. MAKIMAMI AREA
Vicar Forane – Fr. Rafael Cabrido
Maasim- Fr. Rafael Cabrido – Parish Priest
Kiamba- Fr. Ricardo Pajarillo, Jr. – Parish Priest
– Fr. John Jayoma – Guest Priest
Maitum- Fr. Joel Sunga – Parish Priest
Milbuk – Fr. Alan Catigday – Parish Priest
F. OTHER ASSIGNMENTS
Rector – Fr. Ronald Plomillo
Finance/CKRC Director – Fr. HerminioHongayo
Pre-College/Vocation – Fr. JefilCallego
NDMU Chaplain: Fr. JefilCallego
NDDU Chaplain: Fr. Eugenio Porras, Jr.
CFC Director: Fr. Joel Aliligay
SAC Director: Fr. Ariel Destora
DLC Director: Fr. Romeo Buenaobra, VG
DXCP: Fr. Raul Vale
Diocesan Schools: Fr. BonifacioAmpoyas
Youth Chaplain: Fr. JoemerCandido
G. FURTHER STUDIES
- Jerome Millan – Anthropology, UP Diliman
- Joseph Morallon – Philosophy, UST Manila
- RamilNerio – Scriptures, Biblicum, Rome
- ElpidioMarintes – Moral Theology, Ateneo de Davao University
H. ON SABBATICAL LEAVE
- Gillarme Joy Peliño
- Rodrigo Gegone
I. PASTORAL ASSIGNMENTS OUTSIDE DIOCESE OF MARBEL
- Carlos Andalan – Diocese of Parañaque (until 31 July 2016)
- Renato Cruz – Diocese of Lubbock, Texas
- SamuelOracion – Diocese of Lubbock, Texas
- Ernesto Max Saldua – Veterans, Los Angeles, CA
- Ronnie Nombre – Archdiocese of Newark, NJ
- CeriloCasicas – Professor, SJVTS. CDO City
Back to: 2016 COMMUNICATIONS from the Bishop