No. 879 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 19 May 2016
- MAY 9, 2016 ELECTIONS
We thank God for the relatively honest, orderly and peaceful elections, national and local.
Congratulations to the winners. Sympathy for the losers. Humility for both is needed.
We pray and hope all government officials would be effective and efficient servants; zealous shepherds of God’s people; and faithful stewards of government’s resources: human, financial and material.
Government’s initiatives that promote life we support; against life, we oppose. Jesus said “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life” (Jh. 14: 6). To promote life is to praise and glorify God.
Initiatives that promote life are: food, water, clothing, shelter, health care, education, job, leisure, freedom, healthy environment, etc. anti-life are: death penalty; contraceptives; pollution – air, water, soil – through open-pit mining, coal-fired power plant; air spray; etc.
Pray, study and act “ad Maiorem Dei gloriam” (for the greater glory of God).
The Catholic Bishop’s Conference issued this Prayer for Unity and Healing.
I exhort all to pray this on Sundays, within the Mass.
Almighty, most merciful and compassionate God, in many ways in season and out of season you have loved us abundantly. We thank you, we praise you.
Our 2016 elections have created a lot of division, hostility, ill-will, anxiety and fear in our beloved country. We beg you, most loving God, to heal us, your Filipino people.
We pray that you may touch our hearts and unify us. We pray that we may work together with our elected leaders for the common good and specially for the poor.
We pray that our leaders may be wise and just, be persons of integrity who place the interests of the common good above their own.
We pray that they may be mindful of the poor and establish lasting peace in our country.
This we implore you with the Blessed Virgin Mary as our intercessor, through Jesus, your Son, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.
- KIDMACO THEOLOGIANS’ GATHERING “INUGYUNAY” 2016
Dates and Venue: May 11 – 13, 2016. St John the Baptist Parish, Lake Sebu, South Cotabato
- To foster sacramental Brotherhood among Theologians coming from Dioceses of Kidapawan and Marbel and Archdiocese of Cotabato.
- To have a strong foundation of good and healthy relationship among priests in the future.
- Tobe inspired and become an inspiration for each other.
- To relax and enjoy the summer.
Participants: Total – 51 including regents
- Kidapawan – 16 Theologians
- Marbel – 16 Theologians, 3 deacons
- Cotabato – 16 Theologians
- The gathering started with a Friendship Game played between the Kidpawan and Cotabato Theologians versus Marbel Theologians with two priests (Fr. Jesreel and Fr. Reygie) at South Cotabato Gym and Cultural Center at 3:00 PM.
- Then at 5pm they proceeded to the venue at St. John the Baptist Parish, Lake Sebu, South Cotabato. A short welcome program followed with a light sharing and getting-to-know each other.
- They started their 2nd day with a mass at 6:00am. Afterwards, they visited some tourist destinations in Lake Sebu (7 Falls and Trankini). They have their evening prayer at 6:00pm. Then, the formal meeting and sharing followed.
- They started their last day with a mass at 6:00am. Then, they visited the Divine Mercy Retreat House and Punta Isla. They ended their gathering with a simple lunch.
- It’s an inspiration for the theologians seeing each other growing in maturity and clarifying their motivation as they continue their journey towards holiness, eventually towards priesthood.
The Marbel Theologians would like to thank the Sta Catalina Parish (Glan), St. Anthony of Padua Parish (Marbel), St. John the Baptist Parish (Lake Sebu), and especially to Rev. Fr. Rey Joloro. (Rev. Dennis Gamo)
- BRAND NEW GENERATOR
Summary of Donations for New Generator:
|Malungon Parish||2,000.00||Polomolok Parish||10,000.00|
|Marbel Parish||200,000.00||SagradaPamilya Parish||5,000.00|
|Tupi Parish||20,000.00||Norala Parish||10,000.00|
|Surallah Parish||50,000.00||Diocesan Schools||50,000.00|
|Bula Parish||20,000.00||Mariano Ong Ante||100,000.00|
|Sto. Niño Parish||10,000.00||Virginia Garcia||50,000.00|
|Lagao Parish||50,000.00||One Network Bank||100,000.00|
- Generator 530,000.00
(Brand New, 66 KVA – Silent Type
230/132Volts, 0.8PF, 3 Phase
4 WIRE 60Hz, 1800RPM
Engine Model: 4BT 3.9-G2
Alternator: Stamford PI 144J)
- Freight & Handling 65,000.00
- Materials & Installation 25,000.00
Excess of Funds over Disbursements 56,373.00
Thank you everyone. Prayers for more blessings from God to share with the needy.
- JUNE SCHEDULE
|03 –||Mass, Adoration Chapel, Marbel, 8:30am||06-08-|
|04 –||Conference/Fellowship, CFC Global, Banga,|
|06-08-||Mid-Year Gathering, Diocesan Clergy,|
|Divine Mercy Retreat House, Lake Sebu|
|09 –||Conference & Mass, TOES, Bp.’s, 9am|
|11 –||Talakayan, DXCP, 10am|
|13 –||Fiestas: Kiamba, Marbel|
|16 –||Conference & Mass, Poor Clares, 9am|
|17 –||Mtg., Diocesan Schools’ Principals, Bp.’s|
|–||Conference, PREX Marbel, Bp.’s Res., 6pm|
Back to: 2016 COMMUNICATIONS from the Bishop