No. 864 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 29 February 2016
Dates and venue: 23-27 February 2016, Villa Amor Hotel, City of Koronadal, South Cotabato.
Theme: “Strengthening the Family trough the Word of God and the Eucharist.”
(1) Mass, parish Gym, Christ the King/St. Anthony of Padua Parish. Main Celebrant and homilist: Bishop Sofronio Bancud, SSS, Chair, Episcopal Commission on Biblical Apostolate (ECBA).
- This 2nd week of the season of lent readings’ invitation: Listen with our hearts.
- In the 1st reading, prophet Isaiah addresses people who are reluctant to listen.
- His inspired words are directed to our dull conscience. Perhaps that result of how we can forget the word of God just to satisfy our selfish desires.
- Isaiah’s invitation: cease doing evil and learn to do good.
- Isaiah reminds us of the transforming power of God’s mercy. “Come now, let us set things right, says the Lord: though your sins be like scarlet, they may become white as snow; though they may become crimson red, they may become white as wool. If you are willing and obey, you shall eat good things of the land. But if you refuse and resist the sword shall consume you.
- In the Gospel, Jesus invited the Scribes and the Pharisees for conversion. Pharisees thought that they were always better than the rest of humanity. The words of Jesus fell on deaf ears. They thought their mistaken belief assured them of their guarantee to the kingdom.
- Jesus invites us bishops, priests, deacons, men and women religious, catechists, ministries in the world, lay leaders to be mindful of the task attached to the responsibility.
- Do not follow the scribes and Pharisees. There is only one to follow: Jesus the Good Shepherd.
- This gathering is a blessed opportunity to discover opportunities and possibilities to embolden all families as witnesses to the God’s Word of God and to make them zealous missionaries that will set the world ablaze with the fire of the Eucharist
(2) Dinner at FB Hotel hosted by the City of Koronadal mayor, Dr. Peter B. Miguel.
(3) Socio-Cultural presentation provided by the City. Variety show of indigenous culture: dances, music, arts.
February 26, Cultural night.
1) NDMU’s Kariktan dance troupe, c/o Dr. Andy Magallanes and
2) ‘Silek’, B’laan band using indigenous musical instruments, c/o Zoinda Buyoc, and sponsored by Tampakan parish, c/o Fr. Robert Feguro.
Workshop participants (paying) 193: 5 bishops, 87 lay female, 32 lay male, 34 priests, 28 religious sisters. Seven (7) walk in from Marbel Diocese – FREE.
- Sofronio Bancud, SSS, ECBA Chair, Cabanatuan
- Victor Ocampo, Vice Chair, Gumaca
- Renato Mayugba, Member, Laoag
- Broderick Pabillo, Member, Auxiliary, Manila
- Pablo Virgilio David, Consultor, Kalookan
Dr. Natividad B. Pagadut, Executive Secretary, ECBA
Letters of gratitude:
1. From Dr. Natividad B. Pagadut and Bishop Rene Mayugba.
Our dear Bp. Dinualdo Gutierrez:
It is with great joy that I write this letter of immense gratitude to you for having graciously hosted the 21st National Bible workshop. According to the evaluation we received from our bishops and participants they were especially impressed with the team work manifested by your leaders in the formation team where each ministry contributed generously; assisted by the Tri-Com to the success of this workshop led byyour leaders specifically Rev. Fr. Joel Aliligay and Ms. Trinidad Remollo.
The presentation of your organizational chart is a model for many participants who now, are looking into possibilities of also integrating other ministries in the Bible apostolate as requested by Cardinal Chito Tagle in his message. Videoed for the consumption of all. Many participants took the advantage of the diocese’ invitation to a free tour to Lake Sebu which proved to be an experience to remember. The abundance of food was likened to the multiplication of loaves immediately by the participants especially because they learned that several parishes from the AVA Vicariate gave their share of good will and resources from their hearts. We had a taste of the T’boli culture while we cruised Lake Sebu, a crowning glory added to the cultural night where we savored the beauty of your dances by graceful dancers.
I could go on and on to enumerate details of our beautiful experience here in your diocese but it might become a book and our time is limited. Let it suffice to say that our experience here speaks of your excellent shepherding of your people. We wish you good health in all aspects of the word.
To God be the glory!
Bp. Renato Mayugba &Dr. Natividad B. Pagadut
P.S. be assured of our prayers for you!
2) From Bishop Rene only
Dear Bp. Dinualdo,
Thank you so much for your hospitality and generosity!
It was a wonderful experience! Our stay in Marbel was simply wonderful! Could feel how much the Gospel is lived out very well!
3) From Fr. E. of Vigan
Greetings from Jesus, the Word made Flesh!
We cannot thank you enoughfor the well-organized workshop we had in your wonderful diocese. We are so much inspired by the active involvement and collaboration of your priests and lay faithful.
The Word is really ALIVE in your Diocese!
Thanks a lot. Fr. E.
4) From Fel Gines, JPI Biblical Pastoral Center from Northern Luzon, Vigan City.
Thank you so much for the beautiful experience of your generous hosting of our NBW.
Though we missed you physically, you were present to us through your people.
Bp. Take care po. God bless you always.
5) Diocese of Laoag
Congratulations and more power to the BA Staff of Marbel, Bishop and priests especially to Trining and Father Director. You did a very good job. So emulating!
BA Diocese of Laoag
6) No name
My impression about Cotabato: (meaning South Cotabato. Bp.)
(1) The City is clean and green; (2) The people are hospitable; (3) The people are respectful; (4) Our short stay here is meaningful and wonderful; (5) I thank God I am able to see Cotabato. I came to know myself that they are peaceful people.
7) Gilbert from Lucena (text)
“very full of knowledge, wisdom and memorable ang pagstay namin dyan.”
8) Talamera, ECBA Staff (Text)
“Salamat sa lahat ng nagawa mo, fr. Joel, and ur committee and, of course, ur bishop, for that wonderful and meaningful event…and for all the effort to make the convention a real success.”
9) Juliano, Kalinga (Text)
“Excellent venue and services! My prayer for ur bishop.”
10) Anonymous (Text)
“ur Excellency man daw gid ga educate noon sa lay leaders sa GKK. Kaya strong ang aton lay participation. Congrats.”
11) Anonymous (Text)
“Tnx po Bp wid Mayors’, NDMU, parishes involvement n commitment kaya ganun ka nice po.”
12) Anonymous (Text)
“New Marbel hosting is da best so far. This is first. There is visible participation of IPs as IPs were invited to concert on February 26 nite n perform dances, welcome nite Feb. 26 nite, Lake Sebu parish on 27.”
Back to: 2016 COMMUNICATIONS from the Bishop