No. 854 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 9 January 2016
Bishop Dinualdo presided during the thanksgiving mass for the successful, painless prostate operation last 28 December 2015, General Santos Doctors’ Hospital, General Santos City, celebrated on 4 January 2016. Twenty-seven (27) priests concelebrated. Some lay from the St. Anthony/Cathedral parish led in the singing. Mass setting was Christ the Savior.
Bishop’s brief homily.
“Whatever we ask we shall receive at God’s hands.” Why? Because “we believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ and we are to love one another.” (1 Jh. 3: 22 – 46).
Jesus proclaimed “Reform your lives! The Kingdom of heaven is at hand.” And cured many (Mt. 4: 12-17; 23-25).
Reform means total change – turning away from sin and turning towards God, “Metanoia”, total renewal of mind and heart, expressed in corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
Dinner was served at the kiosk.
MEWS graduates gathered at Notre Dame Siena College of Polomolok, 20 December 2015.
Theme: “Eucharist: Source of Life and Love in the Family.”
Dr. Crisanto “Choi” Torrijos gave the following updates on the Marriage Encounter Weekend Seminar. From 2011 to 2015 total couples – graduates: 1,310 or 2, 620 individuals; of the 27 parishes 21 have conducted MEWS. Parishes without MEWS conduction are Lake Sebu, T’boli, Kiamba, Malapatan, Malungon and Milbuk.
Fr. Joel Aliligay, Director, Diocesan Christian Formation Center, gave an input on “The Arrows of John the Baptist.”
Mass presider and homilist: Bishop Dinualdo. Concelebrants: Fr. Reynaldo Mission, V.F. and parish priest of Polomolok and Fr. Joel Aliligay.
Bishop’s homily. Micah prophesized that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem, a little town in Judea. “He shall shepherd his flock.” “He shall be peace.” (Micah 5: 1-4).
The best sacrifice is Christ’s offering of his body in obedience to God’s will. (cf. Heb. 10: 5-10)
Obedience to God’s will was what Mary did to accept her role as Mother of Jesus Christ and what made her to set out in haste to be with her cousin Elizabeth who was six months pregnant. (cf. Lk. 1: 39-45)
We must be obedient to God as Jesus and Mary were. This will make a happy celebration of Christmas and peaceful and joyful New Year 2016.
Polomolok – 101. Calumpang – 53. Lagao – 25. OLPGVP – 18. SMAP – 17. Glan – 15. Tantangan – 14. Banga – 9. Norala – 8.Alabel – 6. Fatima – 5. Marbel – 5. Cannery – 3. Surallah – 2. (Trins J. R.)
Sr. Ma. Nazarena Michaela L. Gimeno, SOCIM, Local Superior, seeks approval of their presence in Lamdalag, Lake Sebu as administrator/manager of the Divine Mercy Retreat Center.
SOCIM is Suore Oblate delCuoreImmacolato di Maria – a semi-contemplative but prevalently contemplative congregation.
Founded on 2 November 1964, Torino, Italy by LudovicaPellegrine, Swiss-Italian. It is still of Diocesan Right. There are 90 members scattered in Italy, Albania, Romania and Camarines Norte (1991).
Charism: prayer and penance. One apostolate is catechesis for children, youth, adults and families. Another is to spread the message of Fatima.
One of their members is a sister of Mrs. Linda SusonBrasileño who owns the land and retreat house in Lamdalag. She will donate a parcel of land for the Sisters.
Marbel Diocese will host the NBW slated on February 23-27, 2016 at Villa Amor Hotel, Koronadal City. Delegates: 10 bishops and 200 priests, religious and lay.
Opening mass at Christ the King Cathedral on 23 February, 6pm. Dinner hosted by Koronadal City at Parish Gym.
Dates and venue: 15-19 February 2016, Bacolod Business Inn, Bacolod City.
Theme: “The Vocation and Mission of the Family in the Church and in the Contemporary World.”
- To present to the participants the content, the methodology and the pastoral reflections on the RelatioSynodi of the 2015 Synod on the Family.
- To seek pastoral responses in view of the reflections of the synod in the Philippine context.
- To propose to CBCP pastoral initiatives and programs related to family and life.
- Overview reflection on the Synod and the mind of Pope Francis (Card. Tagle)
- Presentation of the three parts of the “InstrumentumLaboris” and the RelatioSynodi (Abp. Palma, Abp. Valles, Bp. Garcera)
- Sharing of experience on the synodal participation (Nelson and Cory Villafania)
- Information on the internal operation of the Synod (Fr. Ayo)
- Workshop sessions
- Theological reflection on the Synod (Fr. Marecki)
- Submit to CBCP pertinent pastoral initiatives for approval and implementation.
- Forward to CBCP Commissions and Offices family issues related to the RelatioSynodi
- Diocesan FL Directors and Couple Coordinators
- Heads of National FL Organizations
Registration fee: 4,500/participant (the amount covers accommodations, food and kit)
- Please deposit payment to MetrobankCurrent Account number 632-7632025072
- Please email deposit receipt to email@example.com
- Accommodations are on a Twin and Triple Sharing Basis (First Come-First Served Basis)
Transportation and other expenses c/o participant or diocese or organization.
Back to: 2016 COMMUNICATIONS from the Bishop