No. 836 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 13 August 2015
Bishop Dinualdo confirmed 940 on 30 July 2015, St. Francis Xavier Parish, Malapatan, Sarangani. Priests who helped the Bishop administer confirmation: Fr. Ariel Destora, Parish Priest, Malapatan; Fr. Antonio Chua, PP, Alabel; Fr. Angelo Buenavides, PP, Malungon; Fr. Elpidio Marintes, Jr., PP, Maitum; Fr. Eugene Porras, Parish Vicar, St. Michael Archangel, Gen. Santos City; and Fr. Ricky Emboltorio, PV, Polomolok.
Many B’laans were confirmed.
A core group met on 31 July 2015, Bishop’s Residence to do two things: 1) evaluate the action plans for the Years of Faith (2013), Laity (2014) and Poor (2015).
(1) Suggested formats of evaluation: Forms B, C, D Columns 1 – objectives; 2 – activities as planned; 3 – activities done in the parishes; 4 – facilitating factors (opportunities); 5 – hindering factors (challenges); 6 – recommendations.
Year of the Poor (2015) – Form A
|3) Social Action|
Please submit accomplished Forms A, B, C, D to the Diocesan Christian Formation Center before 15 September 2015.
(2) Suggested questionnaire for the Year of the Eucharist and the Family (2016). Theme “The Filipino Family: Missionary Disciples of the Eucharist.”
- What are the new issues affecting the family? Recommendations?
- What can you say about the celebration of the Holy Mass in your parish and GKK? (Involvement, preparations, etc.)
- As missionary disciples of the Eucharist, how do families concretize the value and meaning of the Eucharist in the day to day life?
Please submit the accomplished questionnaire to the DFDC before 30 September 2015.
The answers will be tabulated and categorized into formation/education, worship and social action.
A group of around 50 – priests, religious and lay (youth must be included) will draft the strategic plan for 2016 based on the inputs from the parishes.
Let us pray for a fruitful 2016!
Knowledge is power. But knowledge must be accompanied by Christian values and adequate/relevant skills. This is integral education.
Marcellin Foundation, General Santos City, is one institution that empowers street/homeless children.
It has 43 children in Residential Care: 20 from General Santos City; 6, Davao City; 6, Sarangani; 4, Davao del Sur; 3, South Cotabato; 3, North Cotabato; 1, Manila.
Formal education. Graduates, 2015: College – 1; High school – 6; and Elementary – 3.
In-school: 2 enrolled in Medical Program, UP Manila Branch at Koronadal City; 10 doing University studies in General Santos City; 5 in Technical Education (culinary, baking, HRM, Ref and aircon); 6 youth in Japan as Technical trainess.
Summer developmental activities painting and dancing, welding, tree planting, lectures on basic literacy, English, Math/Algebra, jobs at DOLE. (From Marcellinnews, May 2015)
Bro. Crispin P. Betita, FMS, Executive Director, MFI.
Bishop Dinualdo sometimes visited the children. He observed the following: a) active participation in Eucharistic celebrations; healthy and clean-looking children; properly dressed, respectful and happy inspite of having few possessions.
Congratulations, Bro. Crispin and staff. These children are growing fast. They need food and clothes. Will you help?
The “Pyesta Kolon Datal” started on 10 August 2015 with street dance. It will end on 18 August 2015 with the Philippine Barangay Folk Dance Troupe and Chinese Taipei cultural presentation at Rizal park and closing ceremony at the South Cotabato Gym and Cultural Center.
Countries participating: Chinese Taipei, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Slovenia, Sri Lanka and Turkey.
Venues in Koronadal City: South Cotabato Gym and Cultural Center, Rizal Park, Ace Center Point, Gaisano, KCC, NDMU.
Out of town shows: Alabel, Banga, General Santos City, Isulan, Lake Sebu, Norala, San Jose (Bo. 5), Sto. Niño, Surallah, Tacurong City, Tampakan, Tantangan, T’boli, Tupi.
Hopefully this festival will raise the level of culture of our people.
We congratulate the Koronadal City government for this cultural activities. These will make us more humane!
- DIRECTORY, OBLATES OF NOTRE DAME (OND)
General Santos City (Zaldivar)
- Ma. Mila Porras, Superior – OND-Mission Center Manager
- Anna Kho – Retreat Ministry
- Susan Bolanio – Hesed Executive Director
- Susan Boje – Hesed Staff
- Lalyn Macahilo – NDDU Catechesis
- Mary Anne Rhudy – NDDU Women
- Esther Rule, Superior – NDMU CM-RE
- Ma. Josephine Jaquilmac – NDMU Women/RE
Back to: 2015 COMMUNICATIONS from the Bishop