No. 832 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 22 July 2015
- CBCP’S 111TH PLENARY ASSEMBLY
Pius XII Center, Manila, July 11-13, 2015.
Attendance: 83 of 88 active members plus 5 diocesan administrators.
- New set of CBCP Officers. Term: Dec. 1, 2015 – November 30, 2017.
- President – Socrates B. Villegas, Lingayen-Dagupan
- Vice Pres. – Romulo G. Valles, Davao
- Treasurer – John F. Du, Palo
- Gen. – Rev. Fr. Marvin S. Mejia
Plus Regional Representatives (9) and Chairmen, Episcopal Commissions, Committees, Offices (30).
- Liturgical books approved
- Dedication of the Churches and altars – 66 votes; 1 abs.
- Rite of Exorcisms – 72 votes
- Supplement, Liturgy of the Hours – 72 votes
- Mass Formulary, Jesus Christ, Eternal High Priest – 72 votes.
- BEC National Assembly, November 11-14, 2015 – a culminating activity: 50th Anniversary Closing, Vatican II; Year of the Poor.
- CBCP Plenary Assembly, January 22pm – 24, noon, 2016, Cebu.
- Pastoral Letter, Transition Years, K to 12 Program, “Advancing in Wisdom and Favor Before God and Man”, approved.
- Pastoral Letter, Drug Trafficking and Drug Addiction, “Addiction, Freedom and Disciples”, approved.
- Statement on the BBL and the Peace Process, “Striving for a Just Peace, The Moral Road”, adopted.
A BBL We Do Not Want
- does not effectively address the root causes of social injustice.
- does not achieve the centuries – old Bangsamoro aspiration for self-determination
- that makes the proposed Bangsamoro area of self-determination less autonomous than the ARMM it is meant to replace
- that discriminates by not effectively protecting and promoting the rights of minorities, indigenous or not
- that will foster ethnic, religious, political and economic discrimination.
A BBL We Want
- a just and lasting peace
- rooted in social justice and promotes social justice
- effectively addresses the injustices suffered by the Bangsamoro as well as the injustices suffered by indigenous peoples and various religious minorities within the proposed Bangsamoro area
- concretely achieves the self-determination of the Bangsamoro in an identified area that remains part and parcel of the territorial integrity and under the national sovereignty of the Philippine Republic.
- that promotes harmonious relationships between peoples of various ethnic groups and of different faiths.
- that effectively protects universal human rights particularly the rights of IP already enshrined in law, and the rights of Christian minorities who fear harassment and further marginalization
- that responds concretely to the concerns, hopes and aspirations of all stakeholders, of various Bangsamoro groups, and of non-Moro citizens within the new Bangsamoro autonomous region
- whose provisions are clearly Constitutional, without betraying the intent and spirit of peace agreements.
That is the BBL we envision on the basis of social moral principles of social justice, harmony and peace. It is a vision that goes beyond the proposals now being discussed in our legislature.
The need for trust in waging Peace.
The fundamental intention of this statement is “it simply presents social and moral principles and envisions, in general terms, a BBL that flows from the same principles.
- ORDER OF SAINT CLARE (OSC)
Poor Clare Monastery of Our Lady, Queen of Peace
Purok Vicente Fin, Brgy. Magsaysay, Polomolok, South Cotabato
Solemnly Professed Sisters:
- Mary Rose Agnes Choco Cabatua, OSC – Abbess
- Mary Celine Cayanong Mirasol, OSC – Vicaress
- Mary Angelica Arellano Hipe, OSC – Discreet
- Mary Clarisse Esquirdo Barazon, OSC
- Mary Catherine Judar Tormis, OSC
- Mary Colette Barrios Besana, OSC
- Sr, Mary Rachel Lailay Almario, OSC
- Mary Michelle Angelis Flores Escuardo, OSC
- Mary Lourdes Abellanosa Tajanlangit, OSC
- Mary Andrew Sumicad Mendola, OSC
Simply and Temporarily Professed Sister
- Mary Clare John Bueno Gultiano, OSC
- AUGUST SCHEDULE
|01 –||Conference, Laycos, Marbel, Bp.’s Res., 9am||11 –||Fiesta Mass, St. Clare, 9:30am|
|05 –||Dedication, Church, Our Lady of Hope||12 –||Conference, TOEs, “Laudato Si’”, 9am|
|Monastery, CP Nuns, 9am||13 –||Meeting, ExeCom, DLLM, Bula, 9am|
|06 –||Conference on “Laudato Si’”, CMRE,||15 –||Feast of Assumption, Bolul, Installation of|
|Principals, Diocesan Schools, Bp.’s Res., 9am||Mission Director, 9am|
|07 –||Mass, Adoration Chapel, Marbel, 8:30am||16 –||Mtg., ExeCom, DLLLM, Maasim, 9am|
|08 –||Talakayan, DXCP, GSC, 10am||18 –||Joint Recollection, Clergy & Launching,|
|–||PPC, Marbel, 6pm||Education Campaign on Ecology, JGSP|
|09 –||Recollection, AR Sisters, Bp.’s Res., 9am||Polomolok, 9am|
|10 –||Diaconal Ord., Tyron Pancho, CP, Chapel,||28 –||Conference, PREX Marbel, Bp.’s Res., 6pm|
|HCSC, Calumpang, GSC|
- AUGUST BIRTHDAY CELEBRANTS
Prayerful birthday greetings to: Fr. Eugene Porras (Aug. 01); Fr. Raul Vale (Aug. 02); and Fr. Reynaldo Mission (Aug. 30).
Back to: 2015 COMMUNICATIONS from the Bishop