St. Joseph, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Parish, Malungon, Sarangani hosted the joint recollection of the clergy in Marbel Diocese, last 14 July 2015.
Acta: (1) morning praise with exposition and benediction of the Blessed Sacrament; (2) sharing by Col. Ronald Villanueva; (3) meeting; (4) Mass; (5) fraternal meal.
Col. Ronald C. Villanueva (MI), PA – 17th Commander, 1002nd Infantry Brigade, Pulatana, Malungon, Sarangani.
Born in Cagayan de Oro City, studied at Xavier University from elementary to graduate school (M.B.A.); a diploma from Development Academy of the Philippines and an MNSA, National Defense College. He also took up courses inn Baguio University. He had two years of agricultural engineering.
Family is deeply religious. Father’s deep spirituality had influence him a lot.
His mission: support LGUs and PNP. Motto: “Disiplina at Kahusayan.” Discipline and “Magis” (excellence) he learned at Xavier University.
Security has 6 dimensions: political, socio-cultural, technological, economic, environmental and national security.
Peace, following St. John XXIII’s ‘Peace on Earth’ is based on truth, love, justice and freedom. Where there is peace, there is order.
- Bishop informed the priests of the “Oratio Imperata” to ease tension in the West Philippine Sea; and the popularization of Pope Francis’ Encyclical “Laudato Si’”. The Commission on Christian Formation was tasked to design a plan.
- Romeo Buenaobra, Vicar General and in-charge of the 2016 International Eucharistic Congress in Cebu announced the registration fee: early, July P7, 000; Late, August – December, P9,000.
- Ariel Destora, Parish Priest, Malapatan, made a video presentation of the state of the community in Sitio Akbual, Brgy. Upper Suyan, Malapatan. Flourishing community: coop store, solar lighting, solar dryer, clinic, school, water system, backyard garden, farms, chapel and a small stage built by local government. Akbual is not a depressed area. Credits to Fr. Pierre Samson, Canadian PME.
- Rodrigo Gegone, parish priest, T’boli, South Cotabato showed a video of aerial spraying on the banana plantation owned by Sumitomo Fruit (Sumifru). Effects on some: itching of skin and short breath. Residents are fighting this evil. Bishop Dinualdo’s comment: a classic example of development aggression, profit-driven without concern for realities: human life, nature and social culture. Victims are usually the poor and powerless. Pope Francis condemned this model of development in his Encyclical “Laudato Si’”.
- Joel Aliligay, new diocesan director, CFC announced: National Family and Life Congress in Cebu with 15 delegates; BEC Congress in Manila.
- Next Joint Recollection of Clergy, 18 August, Jesus the Good Shepherd Parish, Cannery, Polomolok.
- Bishop thanked Fr. Angelo Buenavides, parish priest, Fr. Arturo Pancho, DM, parochial vicar and parishioners for their “excellent” hosting. Children’s choir was superb!