No. 822 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 21 June 2015
Pope Francis wrote on 24 May 2015 his first Encyclical Letter addressed to all men and women.
Title: “ ‘Laudato Si’ ’ on Care for Our Common Home” officially made public on 18 June 2015. Laudato Si’ (Italian), Praised be to you (English).
Table of Contents
Introduction. Statements of popes from St. John XXIII to Francis and Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew.
Chapter I. What is Happening to Our Common Home?
Chapter II. The Gospel of Creation
Chapter III. Human Roots of the Ecological Crisis
Chapter IV. Integral Ecology
Chapter V. Lines of Approach and Action
Chapter VI. Ecological Education and Spirituality
- A prayer for Our Earth
- A Christian Prayer in Union with Creation
Statements of popes, from St. John XXIII to Francis and Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew on ecology and peace.
- Situation today. Ecological crisis. Global warming due mainly to greenhouse gases; carbon dioxide, methane, nitrogen oxide, etc.
- God commanded man to care for the garden and guard it (cf. Gen. 2: 15). To develop the garden and prevent its destruction.
- Man disobeyed due mainly to greed, personal and corporate. Also to the incapacity of government authorities to implement environmental laws. Finally, ignorance and indifference of citizens.
- Integral ecology includes environmental sciences, economics (cost and benefit), culture (specially, indigenous), morality, etc.
- What to do? Foremost, dialogue among nations.
- Also mass education on ecology and spirituality. Individual conversion and structural transformations. From abuser of nature to lover of nature; from consumerism to simplicity of lifestyle; from “throw-away culture” to wise use of resources which are limited.
Without prayer to the Creator and Queen of creation our human efforts are bound to fail. The encyclical, therefore, ends with two prayers: (1) “A prayer for our Earth”; and (2) “A Christian Prayer in Union with Creation.”
This encyclical letter is authoritative. We have to obey.
Pope Francis awarded the Cross for Church and Pontiff on 11 May 2015 to five persons for their outstanding services.
They are Bro. Wilfredo Lubrico, FMS, Dr. Andres Magallanes, Mrs. Ruby Teresita Peralta, Ms. Trinidad J. Remollo and Mrs. Alice Valera.
Awarding ceremonies will be on 18 July 2015, 5:00 o’clock in the afternoon, Bishop’s Chapel. Dinner follows.
A meeting will be held on 2 July 2015, Bishop’s Residence to view and review the awarding ceremonies action plan.
Bishop Dinualdo aired over DXCP on 20 June his message of solidarity with the Muslims who are celebrating the month of Ramadan.
Rev. Deacon Jezreel translated Bishop’s message into Cebuano.
Kami nagakahiusasa among mgakaigsuonang Muslim sailangpagsaulogsapanahonsa Ramadan. Kinimaoangbulansapag-ayuno, hataasngapag-ampo, makanunayongpagbasasa Qur’an, ugingon man pagbuhatsamgabuhatsakalooyalangsamganagakinahanglan.
AngRamadan maoangpanahonsaspiritohan-ongpagpamalandong, disiplinasakaugalingon, paghinlosakalag, ugkinasing-kasingngapag-ampo.
Kaminagalaumugnagaampongasapagtapossamaongkasaulogon, maoang ‘Eid-al-Fetr’, kitamagkinalipaysakapistahansapagpikas-pikassatinapay.
+Dinualdo D. Gutierrez, D.D.
Obispo sa Marbel
- JULY SCHEDULE
|02 –||Meeting, Papal Awardees, Bp.’s Res., 9am||18 –||Mtg., AKCDM, Bp.’s Res., 9am|
|03 –||Mtg., Bp,’s Commission, REMASE, Davao,||–||Awarding, Papal Cross, Bp.’s Chapel, 5pm|
|2:30pm||20 –||Mass & Conference, Poor Clares, 9am|
|04 –||Talakayansa DXCP, 10am||21 –||Conference, CP Nuns, 5pm|
|–||PPC Marbel, 6pm||22-||Diaconal Ord., Holy Cross, Calumpang, 9am|
|05 –||Recollection, AR Sisters, Bp.’s Res., 9am||23-||Mass & Confirmation, Bo. 7, Sagrada|
|7- 12-||CBCP’s Retreat and Meeting||Familia, 9am|
|14 –||Priests’ recollection, Joint, Malungon, 9am||25 –||Conference, CFC, Glan, 6pm|
|15 –||Conference, TOES, Bp.’s Res., 9am||28 –||Mass & Conference, Trappistines, 9am|
|16 –||Mass & Confirmation, SagradaFamilia,||30 –||Mass & Confirmation, Malapatan, 9am|
|Bo. 5, 9am||31 –||Preliminary Mtg., Eval. Year of Poor;|
|17 –||Mtg., MPPPI, Casa Gemma, 5pm||Questions, Year of Eucharist & Family, Bp.’s|
|–||Conference, PREX Marbel, Bp,’s Res., 6pm|
- JULY BIRTHDAYS
Prayerful birthday greetings to:
Fr. RoniloHuesca (July 13); Fr. Joel Aliligay (July 13);
Fr. SinonAlcarde (July 19); and Fr. Freddie Paulo (July 29)
Back to: 2015 COMMUNICATIONS from the Bishop