No. 811 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 21 March 2015
Couples for Christ (CFC) leaders’ in Mindanao gathered in General Santos City, 13-15 March 2015, for their 8th Mindanao Conference at KCC Convention and Events Center. There were 3,800.
Theme: “Love More.”
Bishop Dinualdo presided during the closing mass. Bishop NereoOdchimar of Tandag Diocese and Fr. Ricardo Pajarillo, Jr. concelebrated.
Bishop Dinualdo’s homily:
God’s loving compassion inspired Cyrus, King of Persia, to proclaim the release of the Israelites held captive in Babylon (Iraq) and exhort the Israelites to return to Jerusalem to build God’s temple. (cf. 2 Chronicles 36: 14-16, 18-23).
God is rich in mercy and love. His love brought us to life in Christ (cf. Eph. 2: 4-10).
“God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him might not perish, but might have eternal life.” (Jh. 3: 16)
Belief in Christ means accept Him and his teachings, further it means trust Him. Finally, obey his command to love God and neighbors, especially the poor – the needy.
Eternal life is a gift from God who is love. It means a life in union with God. A life of perfect and endless happiness.
One of your task is to protect the family from the threats of “ideological colonization” – same sex union, sexual orientations, marriage as a mere contract. (Pope Francis)
Love means caring for others. Many, however, are indifferent, unconcerned. Pope Francis called this indifference “globalization of indifference.”
Lent is Alay Kapwa season. This year 2015 is the CBCP’s Yearof the Poor with the theme “Do Justice, Love Kindness.”
Let us hasten towards Easter with the eagerness of love, justice and compassion.
A delegation from the CRS Board visited the Diocese of Marbel on 18-19 March 2015. They were interested in peace building program through the A3Bs project and interreligious dialogue.
A3Bs is Applying the Binding, Bonding and Bridging approach to land conflict.
Fr. Gillarme “Joy” Peliño presented updates on the A3Bs project to the visitors on 18 March 2015 in the Diocesan Christian Formation Center’s Office.
- Formation of an interfaith network of Traditional and Religious Leaders from Polo, Maligo, Landan, Palkan and Kinilis, Polomolok, last August 22-23, 2013. The Network enables discussion on land conflict per barangay and exchanges strategy for conflict resolution.
- Partnership with 30 (23 males and 7 females) traditional and religious leaders – B’laan and Christian settlers – who are committed to achieve resolution of land conflict through various peace building approaches. They come from the 5 aforecited barangays.
- Promotion of peacebuilding concepts to the “LupongTagapamayapa” members in 5 A3Bs barangays during the conduct of three (3) capacity building activities from 2013 to the present. Supported by the Polomolok Municipality through inputs on “KatarungangPambarangay”. Weaknesses and strengths were identified. Plans were formulated to ensure proper implementation of the KatarungangPambarangay.
- Formation of a Municipal Inter-Agency Working Group (MIWG) to discuss land conflict issues in the municipal level. Mayor supports MIWG.
- Three (3) out of 5 community peace projects were implemented last 2014. These were: construction of water tank in the Barangay Hall compound of Kinilis, extension of Baragnay Water System to Purok 4 and 5 in Palkan and provision of latrine facilities to 40 households in SitioTenefulan, Maligo. To be completed: completion of lying-in in Landan and construction of canopy structure in Polo Health Center.
- Five (5) land conflicts – one per barangay were prioritized by the TRLs towards peaceful resolution. Processes: conflict analysis, consultation with conflicting parties and collaborations with the LupongTagapamayapa and other community leaders/residents.
Delegation from CRS Board: Bishop Dale J.Melczek, Bishop Emeritus of Gary; Sr. Hortensia del Villar (Sister of the Guardian Angel); Deacon Ruben Solorio (Diocese of San Jose); Joan Rosenhauer, Executive Vice President, U.S. Operations; Brian J. Backe, Senior Director, U.S. Program and Resources.
CRS – Philippines: Joseph Curry, Country Representative; Myla Leguro, Senior Program manager, Peacebuilding; Terry Tuqzon, Senior Program manager, Agriculture.
- SCHEDULE: 29 March – April
|29 Mar. –||Palm Sunday||11 –||Wedding Mass, Marie Angeli Cartagena|
|31 Mar. –||Chrism Mass, Cathedral, 9am||& Ronald Valencia, SMAP, 8am|
|Apr. 2, 3, 4 –||Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil||–||Talakayan, DXCP, 10am|
|05 –||Easter Sunday Radio Mass, DXCP, 10am||17 –||Blessing, Dolefil Station 5, Tupi, 9am|
|–||Mass, CP Nuns, 5:00pm||18 –||Meeting, CC, K of C, Bp.’s Res., 9am|
|08 –||Conference, TOES, Bp.’s Res., 9am||–||Conference, CFC, Banga, 6pm|
|09 –||Conference, Mass, Trappistines’, 9am||24 –||Conference, PREX-Marbel, Bp.’s Res., 6pm|
|10 –||Mass, Adoration Chapel, Marbel, 8:30am||25 –||Mass, Mtg., Mil. Ben., Bp.s’ Res., 10am|
|26||Fiesta Mass, Good Shepherd Parish|
|27 –||Mass & Confirmation, Tantangan, 9am|
- APRIL PRIESTLY ORDINATION ANNIVERSARIES
Congratulations to: Fr. Fortunato Ferolino (Apr. 02); Fr. Bobby Parreño (Apr. 05); BP. DINUALDO D. GUTIERREZ (Apr. 07); Fr. Raul Vale (Apr. 08); Fr. JefilCallego (Apr. 11); Fr. Jesus Jordan (Apr. 12); Fr. Antonio Chua (Apr. 14); Fr. Joe-anPaez& Fr. FloroLitigio (Apr. 20); Fr. Rolando Japitana (Apr. 26); and Fr. George Carin(Apr. 30).
- APRIL BIRTHDAY CELEBRANTS
Prayerful birthday greetings to: Fr. Ronald Plomillo (Apr. 08); and Fr. Rene Dasilao (Apr. 16).
Back to: 2015 COMMUNICATIONS from the Bishop