No. 804 Diocese of Marbel, Philippines 11 February 2015
- 2015 DIOCESAN STRATEGIC PLAN: AN ORIENTATION
An orientation seminar on the 2015 – YEAR OF THE POOR – diocesan strategic plan took place 21 January 2015, Greenwoods, Brgy. Morales, Koronadal City.
A. Who are the poor?
In general, any person in need of help. In particular: marginalized workers, laborers, dysfunctional families, street children, children in conflict with the law, vulnerable groups.
B. Responsible persons/groups
- Parish priests, commissioners, directors, chaplains, CM/RE ministers, schoolheads, catechists, Kriska alagads, GKK Officers, etc.
- Groups: COCF, COWL, COSA, PPC, PCOCF, PCOWL, PSAC, RO & Ms, CFC, DLC, SAC, F & LM, MEWS, CYM, etc.
C. Possible Programs for Implementation
(1) Thrust I: education/formation
a) Recruit, train, organize Team of Evangelizers (TOES). Topics: Human Dignity, Renewed Integral Evangelization, Basic Christian Community, Church, Sacred Scriptures (Bible), Christ, Mary, Sacraments, Social Teachings of the Church, Lay Spirituality.
b) Continuing education in the Faith: updates.
c) Seminars/lectures on: Faith, Laity, Poor (new). Modules at DLC
d) Skills training/management skills
Modules on pastoral management, pastoral planning, simplified financial accounting, available at DLC.
e) Technical skills: entrepreneurship, IGP and employment opportunities.
- Electrical, mechanical, plumbing, welding, etc in partnership with TESDA, NGO, etc.
- Food processing, cooling, herbal medicines, etc. Some parishes have them already.
f) Formation for youth and children
- Strengthen the CYM/DYM
- Counseling, youth camp, crusade through music.
g) Family and Life
- Strengthen and expand MEWS
- Facilitate and expand Sons and Daughters Encounter (SADE)
- Create partnership with schools.
h) Formation in schools for youth and children
- Intensify catechetical instruction in schools, integrating the spirituality of the poor, in religion/values classes.
- Organize a Congress of Ministry in public schools.
i) Marginalized workers (seasonal, contractual, daily wage earners, “Kasambahay”, construction workers, working students, laborers, drivers, security guards, small fisherfolk, vendors, etc.
- Recollection with picnic (bring home pack of rice).
- Tap sponsors
j) Vulnerable groups like the LGBT, etc.
- Provide pastoral care, frank conversation, opportunities.
- Listen to and discern their needs.
k) Information Drive on Bangsamoro Basic Law
- Coordinate with SAC
- Integrate BBL during Board of Parish Representatives.
l) Political education for voters
- Recruit, train, organize volunteers
- Four Cs in choosing candidates for elective positions: credibility, competence, commitment to the common good and compassion for the poor (“malasakit”)
m) Awareness on Human Trafficking
- Information drive: parish to GKK level.
- Link/forge partnership with concerned agencies.
n) Care of the environment
- Intensify the poor’s involvement in caring for the environment
- Intensify campaign at the GKK level.
- Lectures on global warming, hazards of open-pit mining, coal-fired power plant, aerial spraying.
- Tree planting and tree growing
- Proper garbage disposal
Note: mobilization when needed.
(2) Thrust 2: Liturgy
a) Continuing education/formation on the liturgy
- Seminars/lectures on fundamentals, sacraments and sacramental, lay participation, norms, music. Modules available at DLC.
b) Sacramental/spiritual programs
- Kasalan ng Bayan (Free)
- Baptism, confirmation, First Confession/Communion
- Anointing of the Sick and elderly within the Mass.
- Recollection in poor areas
- Morning prayers before the Mass, daily Mass and first Mass on Sunday
- Create new ministry, Ex. hospitality.
- Revisit policies/procedures in liturgy, sacraments and sacramental concerning the family
- Mission sending of Family Ministers (entire family)
d) Urban poor
- Enhance their liturgical participation
- Recollection in remote areas.
e) Indigenous peoples
- Deepen their appreciation of the sacraments by integrating faith and culture
- Meaningful celebration of IP Sunday
- Recollection for the IPs
- Kriska sessions for the IPs
- Make priests available for their liturgical and spiritual needs.
- Meaningful celebration of Prisoners’ Awareness Sunday.
- Enhance youth participation in liturgical celebrations
- Initiate creative liturgy for the youth
- Organize Praise and Worship outside the Mass.
To be convtinued: Thrust 3: Social Action
Back to: 2015 COMMUNICATIONS from the Bishop