The 24th NMDDL took place in Baguio on 21-24 September 2009.
Theme: “The Music of Liturgical Year”.
Topics and speakers:
1. Theology and Themes of the Liturgical Year, Fr. Anscar J. Chupongco, OSB
2. Advent and Christmas Seasons, Fr. Nilo Mangussad
3. Season of Lent and Holy Week, Dr. Josefina Manabat
4. Easter Season, Fr. Benidus Ma. Maramba, OSB
5. Sundays in Ordinary Time, Fr. Manuel Francisco, SJ
6. Solemnities and Feasts of the Lord, Fr. Timoteo Ofrasio, SJ
7. Testimonial for Fr. E. Hontiveros, SJ and Conferral of Sacrosanctum Concilium Award for Liturgical Music.
Participants from Marbel: Fr. Romeo A. Subaldo, Chair, COWL; Tertuliana L. Perez, DLC Secretary; Romelita Arguelles, OLPGV Parish; Rose Bulao, Marbel; Elizabeth Lomocso, Alabel; Rosabella P. Ranara, Polomolok; Angelie Rondano, Glan; Elizabeth Tanco, T’boli (8 delegates) (Reported by T.L.P.)
1. Sacred Music is connected with liturgical action and liturgical year.
2. Each season possesses distinct character and content.
3. Gregorian Chant is a useful guide.
4. Composers are encouraged to use the liturgical texts in the Sacramentary and Lectionary.
5. Official translations must be strictly followed, especially the Our Father and Glory be.
6. Quality of musical performance is highly valued. Choral singing is allowed, especially on Christmas and Easter.
Source: Communication from the Bishop (No. 551, November 06, 2009)