Bishop Dinualdo Gutierrez installed Fr. Rolando Japitana territorial Episcopal vicar for South Cotabato on July 1, 2009 during the concelebrated mass in Banga, South Cotabato. In the same mass Fr. Ernesto Bendita made his Profession of Faith as Vice-Chancellor. Seventeen priests were present.
Bishop Dinualdo installed Fr. Floro Litigio territorial Episcopal vicar for Sarangani and General Santos City on July 4, 2009 during the concelebrated mass in Maasim, Sarangani. There were 8 priests.
Territorial Episcopal vicars have the following faculties, rights and duties as stipulated in the Code (Canon 476-481), Christus Dominus (nos. 23,26,27) and Ecclesial Sanctae (art. 14 § 1,2,3,4,5):
1. To ascertain that the Vicars Forane within the Ecclesiastical Area judiciously exercise their faculties and rights, and satisfactorily perform their duties for the welfare of the Clergy and the Laity in their respective Vicariates.
2. To collaborate with the Vicars Forane within the Ecclesiastical area in promoting the good of the Vicariates, correcting abuses therein if any, mediating in disagreements thereat, acting on the complaints against a Vicar Forane and denunciations made against priests by the Laity in a given Vicariate.
3. To be heard in matter of appointments, removal from or termination of office of the Vicars Forane, Parish Priests and Parochial Vicars within the Ecclesiastical Area.
4. To see to it that Circulars, Decrees and other communications of the Diocesan Bishop or any other legitimate Church authority are duly observed and or complied with.
5. To make regular visitations of the Vicariates within the Ecclesiastical Area in view of having a first hand knowledge of their state of affairs.
6. To collaborate closely, consult and communicate regularly with the Diocesan Bishop for the ministerial good of the Clergy and the pastoral welfare of the Laity within the Ecclesiastical Area.
7. To make an annual written report on the overall state of the Ecclesiastical Area to the Diocesan Bishop.
The Episcopal vicar for South Cotabato has jurisdiction over the entire province of South Cotabato. The Episcopal vicar for Sarangani and General Santos City has authority over SarGen. They govern in the name of the bishop.
Source: Communication from the Bishop (No. 541, July 4, 2009)