We celebrate Christ’s resurrection on 12th April this year. His resurrection is his victory over death and sin. Resurrection means new life.
New life means:
1. People become more Christ-like, always obedient to God’s will;
2. More advocates for the integrity of God’s creation and against destructive mining and coal fired power plant which emits noxious gases;
3. More government officials who are honest, competent and sincerely committed to public service;
4. Foreigners to stop meddling in internal affairs of our country;
5. Media practitioners to communicate truth and foster moral values;
6. Parents to care for their children through Christian values formation and provision for their basic needs;
7. Educators to empower students to become leaders in government service and private businesses;
8. Priests and religious to exercise their prophetic role without fear or favor;
9. Youth to be more active in social transformation;
10. Terrorists to immediately stop their criminal activities and work instead for progress and prosperity.
HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!
Source: Communication from the Bishop (No. 526, 02 April 2009)